The following is a list of clothing and equipment that will allow you to get the most out of your stay at Sierra Outdoor School. We suggest that you plan to bring a sleeping bag, and one suitcase or a duffel bag. Be certain to bring these with you on the day you come to Sierra Outdoor School. All clothing and property should be labeled with the owner's name and school. Please bring your older clothing that you don't mind getting dirty. Temperatures can fluctuate. This is Outdoor Education so be prepared to learn in the outdoors whether it is sunny, raining, or snowing! Be sure to check the weather forecast to the right, before packing.
• Sleeping bag or sheet and blanket
• Jeans or long pants
• Shirts (at least one with long sleeves)
• Socks (wool if possible)
• Hiking boots or shoes with laces (waterproof recommended)
• Jacket (waterproof recommended)
• Heavy sweater with hood
• Toiletries to include: comb, soap (there is no hand soap in the dorms) in plastic container or bag, shampoo, 1 bath towel, 1 hand towel (no paper towels in the dorms), 1 wash cloth, toothbrush and toothpaste, small box of facial tissue, chap stick, and sunscreen
• 1 bag for wet or dirty clothes
Water bottle (if you forget to pack one we have SOS bottles for $3)
Pencils and sharpener (you will be given an SOS journal upon arrival)
Battery operated alarm clock (there is no wake-up call)
1 pair flip-flops (for shower)
Baseball cap or sun hat
Money for our Store and snack cart.
Postcards, stamps, paper, envelopes
Reusable Mug (adults only)
We will be OUTSIDE for class even in rain and snow, so be prepared!
Raincoat, poncho, or large plastic garbage bag for rain protection
Rain and/or snow pants
Gloves, scarf, and hat for cold weather
Rainboots, hiking boots, or multiple pairs of shoes
Lots of socks, thick and wooly if possible
Please bring a full extra set of clothing, socks, shoes, gloves, and jacket to change into after other clothing gets wet. Layers are great in cold weather—it snows or rains here in the fall, winter, and spring!